The IT Systems Admin provides stellar on-site technical support to our clinical laboratories and staff. This position is a part of the team that provides 24/7 on-call technical and system administration support with hardware, software and various IT platforms.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Provide on-site technical support for laboratory and collection-site staff in a clinical environment
- Provide clear and concise instructions for documented common issues
- Conduct ad hoc training for various software packages
- Collaborate with tier 3 support personnel to solve complex issues
- Maintain documentation using ITGlue, Help Scout and related tools
- Document interactions and solutions in order to share with other personnel
- Participate in 24/7 on-call support schedule rotation
- Provide remote-on hands support to other personnel
- Performs problem solving and assistance on various software applications and hardware systems
- Provide sysadmin support for Apple/iOS, Windows, Chromebooks, Linux machines etc.
- Perform network troubleshooting, system backups, and routine technical assistance and maintenance duties
- Administer NinjaRMM
- Setup new computers and maintain inventory of various IT equipment
- Cross-train with other Team members as backup
- Support Google Cloud Platform, Google Enterprise and Google Identity Access management.
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities)
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university; or equivalent education/experience in the computer science field.
- Excellent written and verbal communication of complex multistep procedures
- Exceptional interpersonal skills in order to sooth customers experiencing high stress situations.
- Experience with support request ticketing (HelpScout) software and the general workflow of support ticketing.
- Experience with Remote Management Tools (NinjaRMM)
- Minimum of 3 years with Apple/iOS/Mac, and Windows desktop operating systems, Linux knowledge is plus.
- Experience with common laptop, desktop and printer hands on support.
- General scripting experience on multiple operating systems (powershell preferred).
- Experience within a laboratory or healthcare setting.
- Familiarity with HIPAA/HITECH or similar data privacy regulations.
- Knowledge of system administration skills such as user and customer provisioning.
- Familiarity with Google Cloud platform, Google Enterprise and Google Identity Access management.
- A+, Network+, and Security+ certifications are a plus.
Job Type: Full-Time
Daytime, Swing, Overnight, Weekend availability required
Onsite in our Oakland facility required
Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university; or equivalent education/experience in the computer science field
3 Years Knowledge of Windows, Apple/iOS/Mac, Linux Systems
Google Cloud platform, Google Enterprise and Google Identity Access management.
Benefits: Health, Vision, and Dental
120 hours PTO
13 Paid Holidays