Senior Software Developer - Our company is seeking to hire a skilled Senior Software Developer to help with the development of our current and future projects. Your duties will primarily revolve around building software by writing code, as well as modifying software to fix errors, adapt it to new hardware, improve its performance, or upgrade interfaces. You will also be involved in directing system testing and validation procedures, and also working with customers or departments on technical issues including software system design and maintenance.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Responsible for configuration, validation and ongoing maintenance within the LIMS platform
- Articulate ideas and solutions to peers and stakeholders for acceptance.
- Design, development, and deploy improvements and extensions to the LIMS, as well as associated lab instruments and software systemsResponsible for configuration, validation and ongoing maintenance within the LIMS platform
- Implement mechanisms for tracking key process, performance, and business metrics
- Provide maintenance and support for day-to-day LIMS operations, including the troubleshooting of lab instruments, barcode printers, lab scientists workstations, etc.
- Proactively identify areas for process improvements, and generate software solutions for them
- Write and maintain acceptance testing plans for existing and new features
- Identify and fix bugs as required
- Develop logging and monitoring methodologies to ensure consistent reliability of the system
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities)
- 3+ years of experience with git
- 2+ years of experience with modern frameworks (React, Angular, Vue)
- 2+ years of Linux/Unix experience for software deployment and general scripting
- 1+ years of experience with the Google Cloud Platform (GCP) particularly serverless architecture, cloud functions, Firestore in Datastore mode, and Big Query
- 1+ years of experience with strong functional knowledge of LIMS systems preferred
- Automate tasks through appropriate tools and scripting
- Perform validation and verification testing
- Familiarity with Linux administration on the Raspberry PI and similar platforms
Desired Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities)
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related degree preferred
- Familiarity with typical web based networking environments including TLS, ssh, websockets, etc.
- Familiarity with laboratory and healthcare terminology and processes
- Experience with developing and supporting software in a regulated environment, e.g. CLIA, CAP, etc
- Familiarity with HIPAA/HITECH regulations
Must be available to work in a 24/7 rotation
Job Type: Full-Time
Benefits: Health, Vision, and Dental
120 hours PTO