Are you a renegade?
Renegades are scientists, entrepreneurs, and community organizers, mobilizing as a public benefit corporation for everyone's health. Communities. Families. People. We’re committed to making diagnostic testing more accessible and easy to use for everyone.
At renegade.bio, we know that the key to growth is in a high-performing sales team. That’s why we’re seeking a qualified Sales Development Representative (SDR) with a focus on Infectious Disease to find and screen potential customers who can benefit from our products and services. As the first line of communication with new client prospects, ideal SDRs have a strong understanding of the sales process, excelling at researching leads, starting new relationships, and setting our Account Executives up for success to onboard new clients. You should be a quick learner with strong communication skills, and have the ability to showcase our offerings in a compelling way. Every potential customer is an opportunity for you to boost top-line revenue growth, customer acquisition levels, and profitability.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Responsible for sales prospecting and qualifying leads to generate sales and interest in the company’s products which includes testing in the infectious disease market space.
- Participate in consumer research to identify how our solutions can meet changing needs.
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of the company's products and services to enable successful lead calls to take place.
- Research accounts, identify key players, generate interest and develop accounts to stimulate opportunity.
- Prospect, educate, qualify, and develop ideal client profiles, target Accounts, and inbound leads to create sales-ready meetings and opportunities. This includes target market penetration, calling on CXOs, senior-level executives, conference attendance, following up on marketing generated leads, webinar and event follow-up, creative campaign and door opener outreach, and more.
- Achieve goals for sales activities, including identifying new customer accounts, outbound calls made, new prospects identified, and meetings scheduled.
- Work at the direction of departmental leadership (CBO, VP, Sales Director, Business Development Analyst) to establish, modify, and meet relevant sales benchmarks.
- Manage and maintain a pipeline of interested prospects and set up calls or meetings with the appropriate renegade.bio Account Executive, while educating and keeping them updated on activity as necessary regarding the opportunity.
- Maintain professional internal and external relationships that meet renegade.bio’s core values and collaborate with cross-functional teams (Business Development, Account Executives, and Marketing) to achieve cohesive internal and external communications.
- Proactively identify best practices and provide market feedback on refining the company’s lead playbook, as well as share with team emerging market and product needs to generate product development ideas.
- Meet and exceed monthly, quarterly, and annual pipeline generating targets to ensure product line revenue objectives and pipeline linearity.
- Demonstrate diligence in following up on responses from prospects and persistence in making multiple attempts to each prospect for improved response rates.
- Update and manage lead scoring in the CRM to ensure efficient lead management and report to the Sales management team with weekly, monthly, and quarterly results.
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities)
- Self-starter with a track record of successful lead follow-up and sales development at multiple executive levels within an organization
- Bachelor’s degree or at least 5 years of relevant work experience.
- 3-5 years biotech sales experience specifically with a preference for candidates with experience in reference labs that focus on infectious disease testing.
- Solid understanding of the healthcare industry that includes clinical diagnostics, hospital sales, EHR, medical terminology, STI and Infectious Disease testing, etc.
- Consistent track record of achieving measurable inside sales goals in a sales environment where accurate entry and management of lead data in a CRM system was required
- Proficiency with Insightly or other CRM software and sales tracking programs with ability to analyze and provide valuable metrics/data. Any pre-sales software experience is a plus.
- Excellent customer relationship skills and a demonstrated ability to build and maintain relationships with contacts.
- Creative problem-solving approach and flexibility when working in a developing work environment.
- Eager to use a combination of cold calls, cold emails, LinkedIn messaging, and other outbound communication methods to reach your target audience.
- Demonstrated capacity to think “outside the box”, communicate, and motivate leads on the company’s products, programs and new ideas.
- Skills in the following: pre-call planning, opportunity qualification, objection handling, call structure and control.
- Ability to work in a high-energy sales team environment; phenomenal and collaborative teammate.
- Flexibility with scheduling and ability to travel (20-30%) to attend conferences as needed.
- Excellent oral/written communication skills, including well-developed presentation skills.
- Positive and energetic phone etiquette with strong active listening skills.
- Proficient in Google Suite, Microsoft Office, Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Note: All offers of employment are contingent upon clear results of a thorough criminal background check.
Job Type: FT Exempt
Typically, the hours of work are Monday - Friday 8am-5pm, however, this position may require longer hours, evening, and weekend work as necessary.
Salary: Base salary of $60-80K/year DOE plus 25% bonus potential
Benefits: Health, Vision, and Dental; 120 hours PTO; 401k