renegade.bio is an agile team of science, technology, and logistics experts, mobilizing in the public interest to make fast, safe, regular diagnostic testing accessible to all.
In collaboration with other CLIA-certified labs, researchers, and organizations across the ecosystem of public health, we are working day and night with a singular goal: to bring cutting edge diagnostic assays to life.
Under the direct supervision of renegade.bio’s VP of Product & Innovation, the Laboratory Automation Specialist will focus on the support of renegade.bio Automation Systems in collaboration with our Research & Development, Clinical Labs and IT teams. This role will assist in the scale up and automation of laboratory workflows with hardware replacement and potential software updates as needed and will serve in multiple capacities, conducting system troubleshooting and improvements at our Clinical and Research Labs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Works closely with R&D, IT and the Clinical teams to ensure that the applications are aligned with the overall architectural and development guidelines.
- Lead selected efforts to design, build, and develop rapid Proof-of-Concept (POC) automated solutions and services. Quickly and iteratively prove or disprove the concepts being considered.
- Work with process subject matter experts (SMEs) to understand key process requirements and transform them into digital automated solutions.
- Be constantly curious and feed your passion and interests in groundbreaking technology. Use your given time to look for new, innovative and automated ways to do business differently, better, and more cost effectively.
- Collaborate with business partners to understand how automation can improve workflow and productivity
- Synthesize requirements from clients, customers or end-users to develop the best automation solutions.
- Work closely with other teams and Lab Personnel to identify, stop, simplify business process waste to codify into automated solutions and platforms.
- Optimized lab processes to maximize efficiencies and minimize plastic waste.
- Develop lab user-friendly custom-automated solutions to minimize human error in processes.
- Integrate with IT systems to provide customizable reports with lab-friendly UI/UX.
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities)
- BS or MS in computer science, robotics or related field
- 3+ years’ experience designing, developing, deploying, and operating automated solutions across SaaS, Cloud, On-prem and custom software developed platforms in a clinical lab environment
- Experience doing full stack development including infrastructure cloud services (Storage, VMs, Network, etc.) as well as application and user experience in a continuous CI/CD pipeline environment
- Experience in and certifications for leading automation software platforms (e.g., UiPath, Automation Anywhere, etc.)
- Experience with development and deployment of robotic process automation and other intelligent automation technology solutions
- Experience in building AI and machine learning, OCR and NLP solutions
- Data analysis and reporting experience by using analytics, visualization and database technologies (PL SQL, Spotfire, Tableau, Python – NumPy, SciPy, Pandas)
- Expertise with translating business requirements to technical requirements and recommend solutions for automation
- Experience in relational database fundamentals
- Working knowledge of native cloud computing, design, development and security patterns for AWS, GCP, or Azure
- Willing and able to learn new technologies at a rapid pace
- Possess knowledge of functional support systems (e.g., Workday, SFDC, SAP)
- Ability to quickly assimilate knowledge of new platforms, languages, tools and technologies
M-F, some weekend and evening availability may be required
120 hours PTO
Health, Vision, Dental