We are looking for a highly motivated, independent but collaborative minded Clinical Lab Technologist with experience in RT-PCR to work in our clinical lab. All candidates MUST be licensed as a CA Clinical Laboratory Technologist (full license or restricted to molecular diagnosis). This is a full-time, evening position.
Principal duties and responsibilities
- Perform a variety of clinical laboratory procedures including nucleic acid extraction and quantification, qRT-PCR.
- Perform both automated and manual techniques to accomplish high volume extractions of samples for RT-PCR analysis.
- Participate in equipment maintenance, QC/QA, and proficiency testing procedures;
- Provide detailed, accurate and legible documentation associated with test results, maintenance records, and quality control;
- Troubleshoot assays as needed, with assistance from laboratory management;
- Complete other laboratory tasks as assigned.
- Author/edit standard operating procedures;
- Track all work and issues in the appropriate databases/tracking sheets;
- Follows all written Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Labels specimens and transports to the laboratory sections to be tested.
- Performs clerical duties necessary to process specimens.
- Responsible for all documentation required for the tasks performed.
- Ensures proper and complete patient identification on requisitions and specimen labels.
- Properly handles ambient, refrigerated, and frozen specimens.
- Prepares specimens for delivery and specimen collection kits as needed.
- Aliquots specimens, ensuring proper labeling.
- Properly operates scanning equipment.
- Completes required training courses such as Biosafety and HIPAA in a timely manner.
- Attends staff meetings and in-service sessions to assure job competency and communication.
- Performs accessioning review on a designated basis.
Education and Qualifications
- Bachelor of Science degree in biology, biochemistry, or related field.
- Must be licensed as a California Clinical Laboratory Technologist OR hold a California Restricted License in Molecular Diagnosis. CA Clinical Laboratory Technologist License (full or restricted to Molecular Diagnosis).
- 1+ years of experience in a clinical diagnostics laboratory;
- Familiarity with Google Doc, Sheets, and Slides, preferably with Chrome OS;
- Good general laboratory and organizational skills, including the ability to work independently and efficiently, are essential;
- General understanding of California Department of Health CLEP, CLIA, and CAP regulations;
- Ability to multitask is a must, along with an orientation toward teamwork and cooperation;
- Strong creative thinking and problem-solving skills;
- Excellent communication skills required.
Monday thru Friday 4 PM to 1 AM
Job Type: Full-Time
Clinical Laboratory Technologist 1 year (Required)
Benefits (medical, dental, vision)
80 Hours PTO