Principal duties and responsibilities
We are looking for a highly motivated, independent but collaborative minded Clinical Laboratory Supervisor. Candidates must have a valid NYS Clinical Laboratory Technologist license (full or restricted). This is a full-time, night shift position.
- Provide leadership and people management to the clinical team, including mentoring, coaching, training, developing and building teams;
- Perform staff competency assessments;
- Perform annual staff performance reviews;
- Propose, design and execute protocols;
- Compose, review, update and revise new and current SOPs;
- Review assay QC steps and troubleshoot QC issues;
- Push clinical samples through the pipelines;
- Review monthly and annual instrument maintenance logs;
- Assist with internal and external proficiency testing;
- Perform instrument performance/calibration verifications, as needed;
- Assist with the development, optimization, and validation of new molecular assays;
- Complete other tasks as needed to support the objectives of the laboratory.
- Participate in equipment maintenance, QC/QA, and proficiency testing procedures;
- Provide detailed, accurate and legible documentation associated with test results, maintenance records, and quality control;
- Troubleshoot assays as needed, with assistance from laboratory management;
- Maintains sufficient working supplies by communicating operational needs to the team and performing inventory assessments regularly.
Education and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree or higher from an accredited institution with a major in one of the chemical, physical or biological sciences with at least 6 years of pertinent clinical laboratory experience or master’s degree with at least 4 years of pertinent clinical laboratory experience both of which have at least 2 years working in a clinical laboratory having a director at the doctoral level.
- Solid knowledge of molecular biology equipment and related protocols (e.g. nucleic acid isolation and quantification, PCR) preferred.
- Must be licensed as a New York State Clinical Laboratory Technologist OR hold a New York State Restricted License in Molecular Diagnosis.
- General understanding of NYS DoH requirements
- Familiarity with Google Doc, Sheets, and Slides, preferably with Chrome OS;
- Good general laboratory and organizational skills, including the ability to work independently and efficiently, are essential;
- General understanding of NYS Dept. of Health CLEP, CLIA, and CAP regulations;
- Ability to multitask is a must, along with an orientation toward teamwork and cooperation;
- Strong creative thinking and problem-solving skills;
- Excellent communication skills required.
Monday thru Friday 11 PM to 8 AM
Job Type: Full-Time
Benefits (medical, dental, vision)