We are looking for a highly motivated, independent but collaborative minded Clinical Laboratory Manager. This position manages the Renegade.bio clinical laboratory providing continued service excellence and effective employee relations. This position provides technical support to, and administrative oversight of, the Clinical Laboratory Scientists (CLS) and other testing personnel ensuring that high quality, cost effective diagnostic services are provided in a timely manner. This is a Full-Time position.
The principle responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Develops and implements all technical related policies and procedures.
- Coordinates the day-to-day activities of the clinical lab, including oversight of quality assurance/quality control, customer service, problem solving and occurrence management, safety, process improvement and supervision of CLS and other testing personnel.
- Maintains technical expertise in the assigned technical areas of the clinical laboratory and Laboratory Information Management systems (LIMS) and performs analytical testing within these assigned areas.
- Maintains technical expertise by working 10-15 hours per week as a CLS.
Essential Skills and Qualifications
The essential skills needed include, but are not limited to the following:
- 4-5 years’ experience as a Clinical Laboratory Scientist required in Molecular or General Lab as appropriate for specific department oversight
- Prior supervisory experience is highly desirable
- Experience in personnel management, quality assurance, technical writing, test development, project management, teaching, and demonstrated ability to manage a section’s budget are highly desirable
- Seasoned knowledge of all aspects of the quality assurance of analytic processes of the Clinical Laboratory is required, and knowledge of Laboratory Information Systems is preferred.
- Must have effective written and oral communication skills, demonstrate an ability to effectively interact with medical professionals, and manage personnel in a variety of situations by effectively applying transactional and transitional skills.
- Positive customer relations and teamwork skills are required.
- Must have demonstrated ability in project management, managing for results, organizing, prioritizing and managing diverse activities in a changing environment.
- Must have the basic computer literacy skills necessary to maintain a proprietary LIMS.
- Must be able to document and report on technical or analytic process issues using a complete, clear and pertinent summary of observations or findings.
- BA/BS degree required.
- Valid California CLS license required.
5 days/wk, weekend availability required
Job Type: Full-time
Benefits (medical, dental, vision)
120 hours PTO