Are you a renegade?
Renegades are scientists, entrepreneurs, and community organizers, mobilizing as a public benefit corporation for everyone's health. Communities. Families. People. We’re committed to making diagnostic testing more accessible and easy to use for everyone.
renegade.bio is seeking a dynamic Account Executive to join our growing CLIA-certified clinical diagnostics company. Working directly under the Director of Accounts & Client Operations, the Account Executive serves as the main point of contact for our clients and will interface with them throughout the duration of their contract ensuring total customer satisfaction with our product/services. Once qualified client prospects are presented by the Sales Development Rep (SDR), the Account Executive will assume responsibility for seeing that prospect through the sales-to-contract pipeline. The ideal candidate must be able to manage day-to-day business area activities, interface with various team members within the company, and be dedicated to problem solving within a timely manner as the need arises.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Responsible for the sale of new products and services for existing and new accounts to support the company’s revenue growth.
- Generate sales leads as well as receive qualified client leads from SDRs while entering them into the sales-to-contract pipeline.
- Understand and execute all aspects of the sales cycle, including qualifying, pitching, presenting sales decks, conducting product demonstrations, writing RFP responses, contract negotiations and the closing process.
- Follow-up with clients and work with the Customer Service team to maintain the highest level of customer and partner satisfaction within the accounts.
- Communicate with the Finance and Account Management teams to schedule client billing and other sales and account management tasks.
- Develop and maintain a deep understanding of our products and services as well as target market conditions (including prospects, customers, partners, influencers, and competitors).
- Proactively identify opportunities in the marketplace and provide market feedback and strategic recommendations for the design of new products, benefits offering, or pricing models that will address customer’s changing needs and business challenges.
- Work collaboratively to define and execute account strategies with cross-functional teams (Business Development, Sales, Marketing, Finance, Clinical Lab, and Customer Service).
- Support product release and lifecycle planning with internal departments.
- Develop critical metrics and conduct performance analysis for product pipelines and initiatives.
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities)
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing or closely related field.
- 3-5 years of experience in sales and account management within the pharmaceuticals, biotech, diagnostics, medical devices, or a closely related marketplace.
- Strong history of documented sales achievements and ability to build trusted relationships with senior level healthcare professionals.
- Solid understanding of the healthcare industry that includes clinical diagnostics, hospital sales, EHR, medical terminology, STI and Infectious Disease testing, etc.
- Proficiency with Insightly or other CRM software and sales tracking programs with ability to analyze and provide valuable metrics/data.
- Superior customer service skills with the ability to articulate and respond to highly complex issues.
- Previous experience working with PHI and HIPAA compliance.
- A dedication to keeping themselves educated on renegade.bio’s clinical diagnostics offerings and services.
- Flexibility with scheduling and ability to travel (30-40%) to meet with clients, prospects, and attend conferences as needed.
- Excellent oral/written communication, presentation and negotiation skills.
- Willingness to “roll up your sleeves and build from scratch.”
- Experience working in a startup/high growth environment.
- Ability to articulate passion for the company’s products and mission.
- Proficient in Google Suite, Microsoft Office, Excel, Word, PowerPoint and advanced analytic skills and use of client databases.
- Note: All offers of employment are contingent upon clear results of a thorough criminal background check.
Job Type: FT Exempt
Typically, the hours of work are Monday - Friday 8am-5pm, however, this position may require longer hours, evening, and weekend work as necessary.
Salary: Base salary of $70-90K/year DOE plus 25% bonus potential
Benefits: Health, Vision, and Dental; 120 hours PTO; 401k